Questions for people who say “politically correct” and “cancel culture”
- Do you think it’s wrong to extend basic decency to people in the way we talk to them and about them?
- Do you think it’s wrong for there to be consequences for our behavior?
- Do you agree actions (especially harmful actions) have consequences, but are afraid there are too many, too much?
- Do you personally know someone who has lost their livelihood due to a truly minor offense?
- Are you allowing people to manipulate you into being more scared of consequences than you need to be?
- Why do you suppose someone might be pushing to create fear, paranoia, and sense of persecution?
- What ends might that push be serving?