Really frustrating when supposedly-professional news organizations use Orwellian speech or propaganda like “officer-involved”.
Looking at WFYI, today. Axios last week.
We did a little white elephant exchange with some friends at Heron Haven. It was a lot of fun, including some good steals and post-game trades.
Ended up winning a little old cast iron fry pie maker and some roasting sticks. Great for the campfire or woodstove/fireplace!
Happy Advent, you brood of vipers!
Gluwein in enamelware warmed over the fire. 👌
⚽️ That was an excellent goal #NATI MLSCup
Yes, I am an adult with Lego on my wishlist.
These Dreamzzz sets are awesome and reflect some of the best Lego play: mash together some different genres for interesting results.
I’m in the process of re-building my Plex ecosystem. In the interim, I’ve either been listening to straight albums or playing from my iTunes library using this structure:
What this means…
“Un” is a folder of four auto-updating smart playlists. I shuffle the whole thing to listen (and of course, scrobble to last.fm).
- “Un 2023” contains all tracks released this year that have neither been listened to nor skipped
- “Unloved” contains all non-holiday 5-star/loved/favorited songs that haven’t been played in the last year
- “Unskipped” is a little more inclusive version of unloved, but limited to 1 GB of music (chosen by recently added): all non-holiday unskipped, undisliked songs not played in the last year
- “Untouched” is a little more inclusive version of un 2023, but limited to 1 GB of music (chosen by recently added): all non-holiday songs that haven’t been listened to, skipped, or rated
What it creates…
Overall, this is a mixture weighted toward top songs along with some “discovery” of recent music and recent adds to my library. It works very well with limited “management” of the music.
How does one tell what type of Friends Church they might expect? Is it by what “meeting” they affiliate with?
(I’m an Anabaptist peace-church person myself, so I mean like evangelical, mainline, universalist, etc sort of distinction)
📺 Finished Season 2 of Yellowjackets.
Wow! This season had a little less of the “coming of age” story, but more of the “survival horror” story and the “Coen-noir” story. Terrible and incredible.
I’d really like to use iAWriter but:
- iAWriter doesn’t fully support non-iCloud storage on mobile
- work doesn’t permit native iCloud drive
- CloudMounter doesn’t support iCloud drive
Finally getting to the good stuff in duolingo ⚽️
The Readwise core product is incredible. Evidence: I’m on a 1370-day streak
Readwise Reader is a bloated, buggy product that is trying to be everything.
I get Reader with my Readwise subscription, but I’m still using other RSS readers and read-it-later services because Reader is such a hot mess.
🤧 PSA: the couple weeks after a travel holiday are pretty nasty as far as sickness-sharing. It’s a good time to stay home or mask up, if you are able. 😷
Example: my trainer had three people cancel today due to sickness, and more that should have.