Note: This is an operating principle. I have others, like “when one is remote, all are remote”.
If you find yourself answering a question multiples times or sharing a reference multiple times, then go ahead and document it and make it link-able.
- Personally, this might go on your domain or blog
- Organizationally, it might go on a wiki, intranet site, shared notebook, or project documentation
Aim to make the above location as consistent as is useful.
- helps with alignment and consistency in answer
- fosters intentionality when the answer should change
- (if useful) can show the history of those changes/decisions
- serves people not in the room
- saves you and others time