Cheri’s tips for a better relationship with the Internet:
✴️ Also on Micro.blog
1. I abstain from ad-supported and/or algorithmically manipulated social media.
2. I avoid websites with an endless scroll. Aka “doomscrolling.”
3. The only notifications I allow on my phone are calendar appointments.
4. I use privacy-respecting hardware and software, when they exist. When they don’t, I make do with the next best thing. (I’m looking at you, Apple!)
5. I minimize opinion-checking. That is, I form my own conclusions rather than caring what “the internet thinks” about a topic.
6. I don’t frequent places where assholes thrive.