Like: things that merit a meeting:
• Type 1 (hard to reverse) decisions: like choosing X vs. Y product direction or hiring a new teammate
• Complex problems that need a discussion: Like defining our corporate narrative, developing a 6-month roadmap, or revising the scope of a project that’s in flight
• Plan and reflect: Like a project kickoff to get everyone on the same page, or a lightweight retro to discuss what you learned from a recent project
• Emotionally sensitive topics: Like giving difficult feedback or discussing a personal issue
• Supporting and unblocking your reports: Like a regular 1:1 that helps build their career or connect their work to company goals"